How to Obtain Textbooks
To obtain your books, try your local bookstore or an online bookstore such as Amazon or Barnes & Noble. In addition, textbooks can be obtained from the Lifeway Bookstore on the Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary Fort Worth Campus. If you are within driving distance, you can visit the store at 4540 James Ave., Fort Worth, TX. Call or email the bookstore for directions. Or the bookstore can ship you these books. You may contact them at 1.800.656.2215 or email@example.com.
Summer 2013 Online Textbook List
Jack Terry School of Church and Family Ministries
ADMIN 3313 I – Admin and Church Law
School of Theology
BIBST 3203 I – Biblical Hermeneutics
- Plummer, Robert. 40 Questions About Interpreting the Bible. Kregel Academic and Professional, 2010. ISBN: 978-0825434983
- Goldsworthy, Graeme. Preaching the Whole Bible as Christian Scripture. Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Company, 2000. ISBN: 978-0802847300
GREEK 3356 I – Biblical Greek I and II - Turbo
- Aland, Barbara, Kurt Aland, Johannes Karavidopoulos, Carlo M. Martini, and Bruce M. Metzger, eds. The Greek New Testament. 4th rev. ed. with 2nd rev. ed. dictionary. NY: American Bible Society, 2011. ISBN: 978-3438051370. (You may opt to use an electronic version (i.e., in Logos, BibleWorks, or Accordance for the computer or Olive Tree for a smart phone) rather than a paper version. However, a paper version can be very handy, so Dr. Wicker encourages you to get this one, and get it with the dictionary.)
- Baugh, S. M. A First John Reader. Philipsburg, NJ: P&R Publishing, 1999. ISBN: 0875520952.
- Black, David Alan. Learn to Read New Testament Greek. 3rd edition. Nashville: Broadman & Holman, 2009. ISBN: 0805444933.
- As of the Fall of 2012, all incoming Greek language students are required to purchase Logos 5. At a minimum, buy the Biblical Languages Library Important note: As a student you can get 50% off a Logos collection; however, you must sign up for the Academic Discount here.
PHILO 4313 I - Philosophy of Religion
- Rowe, William. Philosophy of Religion/4th Ed. Thomson/Wadsworth Publishing, 2006. ISBN: 0495007250.
- Morris, Thomas. Making Sense of It All. Eerdmans Publishing Company, 1992. ISBN: 080280652x.
- Anselm. Monologion/Proslogion. Hackett Pub Co, 1996. ISBN: 0872202976.
- Boethius. Consolation of Philosophy. Prentice Hall,1962. ISBN: 002346450x.
- Aquinas, Thomas and Peter Kreeft. Summa Of Summa. Ignatius Press, 1990. ISBN: 089870300x.
- Augustine. On Free Choice of Will. Prentice Hall, 1964. ISBN: 0023080302.