Evan Lenow

Assistant Professor of Ethics, Bobby L. and Janis Eklund Chair of Stewardship, Director of the Center for Biblical Stewardship, Associate Director of the Richard Land Center for Cultural Engagement, and Chair of the Ethics Department

Evan Lenow serves as Assistant Professor of Ethics and Associate Director of the Richard Land Center for Cultural Engagement at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, TX. He holds a Doctor of Philosophy in Christian ethics from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary in Wake Forest, NC. In addition, he also holds a Master of Divinity with Advanced Biblical Studies from Southeastern Seminary and a Bachelor of Arts in Communication from Mississippi College in Clinton, MS. He has also been appointed as a Research Fellow for the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention.

Dr. Lenow has preached and presented papers related to ethics and theology at churches, conferences, and academic society meetings. He has written articles published in various venues including academic journals and denominational papers and websites. He writes regularly on his own website, Ethics as Worship, at http://evanlenow.com. His main areas of interest include ethics of marriage and family, sexual ethics, and the integration of theology and ethics.

Beyond denominational and academic venues, Dr. Lenow uses his interest and background in ethics to serve the community as well. He currently serves as the chairman of the Fort Worth Ethics Review Commission, a City Council-appointed committee that hears cases of ethics violations by city employees. He has also been interviewed by local television and radio media in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex regarding ethical issues related to marriage, family, and sexuality.

He and his wife, Melanie, live in Crowley, TX with their four children—Molly, Elizabeth, William, and Laurel. Melanie is a stay-at-home mom, who uses her time (and Master of Arts in Counseling degree) to care for and educate their children.

Established 1908 Fort Worth, Texas